Early LASIK failed to treat the entire spectrum of vision errors. But, the more contemporary technology behind custom LASIK procedures has made it possible for LASIK to correct most visual difficulties.
Visual abnormalities like nearsightedness and farsightedness are considered lower-order aberrations, while higher-order aberrations, like night-glare, are considered higher-order aberrations.
Custom LASIK was developed with top-of-the-line technology that allows for both lower-order and higher-order aberrations to be corrected. Our custom LASIK procedure includes the use of Wavefront-guided LASIK, which is used to evaluate your eyes before determining what type of LASIK surgery would be best for you.
Wavefront is revolutionary because it not only improves and enhances your vision, it refines fine visual details and creates greater contrast sensitivity.
If you are considering LASIK surgery, please allow our Edison LASIK surgeons at Patel Eye Associates to schedule your initial consultation. You can contact us at 732.985-5009.
The multitude benefits of custom LASIK include:
- High possibility of achieving 20/20 vision or better
- Improved visual quality
- Improved fine visual details
- Reduced occurrence of night vision issues
- Removes less corneal tissue than traditional LASIK so there is less chance of corneal thinning
- Less chance of having to have LASIK surgery repeated
Wavefront technology is unrivaled as a diagnostic tool because it can detect vision flaws that traditional LASIK would miss. It offers a sophisticated and technological approach to correcting your vision issues.
Once Wavefront technology has evaluated your eyes, our surgeons will perform laser LASIK surgery. LASIK surgery is performed by creating a corneal flap in order to gain access to the cornea underneath. In some types of LASIK surgery, the epithelial cornea is completely removed and then resurfaced in order to correct vision problems.
Our Edison LASIK eye surgeons can perform any of the following types of LASIK surgery:
- IntraLase LASIK – laser LASIK with low risk of complications
- PRK – reshapes your cornea
- LASEK – epithelial layer of cornea is removed prior to reshaping the cornea
- Epi-LASIK – epithelial layer is removed and a plastic disc is used rather than a fine blade in order to reshape your cornea
If you’re interested in LASIK surgery, please contact Patel Eye Associates. Our experienced team can help determine which type of LASIK would be best for you and can guide you through the entire process. We serve clients in the Edison, New Jersey area. Please call us at 732.985.5009.